Alternative Job Titles
IT Specialist or Analyst, Engineer, Systems Engineer, Technologist, Programmer, Cyber Security Specialist, Senior Level CIS Manager, IT System Administrator, Supervisory Transportation Security Specialist, ITS Leadership Development Program, IT Manager (Transportation), Analyst or Senior Specialist (Mechanical Systems), Lead IT Analyst, Senior Systems Project Manager
Computer & Information Systems Managers are responsible for effectively setting and managing the overall information technology agenda for a company or organization. These professionals oversee all computer systems and network architecture, and may also be responsible for system security protocols.
Other responsibilities typically include:
- Promoting technical implementation at the architecture level, implementing technical solutions, and providing technical support to other users.
- Performing security testing and assessment, developing mitigation plans, and documenting results.
- Assessing, reporting on, and communicating risk and vulnerabilities in computer system architecture.
- Leading security or IT initiatives across multiple teams, communicating with engineering managers or other disciplines along the way.
- Coordinating complex or large-scale projects, estimating work efforts, establishing deadlines and priorities, and managing resources.
- Managing or coordinating the work of other computer-related positions including analysts and programmers.
- IT Practices/Computer Science Principles
- Transportation Operations
- Project Management practices (budgeting, scheduling, etc.)
- Data Analytics
- Statistical Analysis/Modeling
- LTL/Freight Forwarding Practices
- Rail Industry
Required Skills & Abilities
- or Problem-solving Skills
- Written and oral communication
- Ability to collect
- or analyze data
- Ability to work well on a team
- Managerial/ Supervisory Experience and Leadership Skills
- Ability to work well independently
- Technical Communication and Report Development Skills
- Possess a good attitude/work ethic
- Possess professional judgement
- Interpersonal Skills
- Time and Task Management Skills
- Organizational Skills/Attention to Detail
- Ability to work in fast-paced or stressful environment
- Presentation Skills
Technical Skills Requirements
- General Computer Skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs
Typical Salary$83,900 - $175,900
- Master's degree preferred; bachelor's degree required
- Major coursework in Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS, or other technical field