Responsible for citywide technology governance, strategic planning/policy development to advance Smart City solutions for infrastructure, energy, water and waste management; transportation alternatives, building/preoperties, and programs that promote technology literacy and public access to government information. Oversee diverse urban multimodal transportation needs critical to supporting ongoing safe/efficient management of a balanced street system that fully accommodates the needs of people who walk, bike, drive, and use transit.
Other responsibilities typically include:
- Collaborate with City departments working to devise Smart City solutions.
- Assist departments in managing, analyzing, interpreting data produced through Smart City implementations.
- Help departments ensure Smart City projects comply with City laws, policies, and standards.
- Work with appropriate IT teams on Smart City projects being proposed/planned.
- Ensure City standards of enterprise architecture, project management, procurement, security, privacy, social equity, data management, and performance are factored into the design of Smart City projects.
- Maintain a high level of education and awareness of developments in the Smart City technology environment.