Computer & Information Systems Managers are responsible for effectively setting and managing the overall information technology agenda for a company or organization. These professionals oversee all computer systems and network architecture, and may also be responsible for system security protocols.
Other responsibilities typically include:
- Promoting technical implementation at the architecture level, implementing technical solutions, and providing technical support to other users.
- Performing security testing and assessment, developing mitigation plans, and documenting results.
- Assessing, reporting on, and communicating risk and vulnerabilities in computer system architecture.
- Leading security or IT initiatives across multiple teams, communicating with engineering managers or other disciplines along the way.
- Coordinating complex or large-scale projects, estimating work efforts, establishing deadlines and priorities, and managing resources.
- Managing or coordinating the work of other computer-related positions including analysts and programmers.